Assist the Store Manager in maximizing the profitability of the store by increasing sales while minimizing costs and to actively assist the Store Manager with hiring, training, scheduling, and ensuring operational excellence during all shifts.
REPORTS TO: Store Manager.
Assistant managers will be involved in or responsible for:
- Completion of all Levels of Service packages.
- Ability to train employees.
- Ability to create weekly scheduling to meet productivity goal.
- Ability to control shift productivity.
- Ability to control food and labor cost.
- Ability to place vendor orders.
- Ability to perform weekly inventory.
- Ability to complete daily and weekly paperwork.
- Ability to complete banking procedures.
Assistant Managers are eligible for the benefits available to hourly employees with the addition of PTO time (See PTO policy).
ACCOUNTABILITY OF TIME:
Assistant Managers will be scheduled so that their total hours worked is a minimum of 40 scheduled hours per week and a maximum of 45 hours per week. Assistant Managers are required to work closing shifts in the absence of the Store Manager. When the restaurant is short handed, the Assistant Manager is expected to work a portion of the outstanding hours until such time that an adequate staff of employees can be maintained. In addition, Assistant Managers are required to be on-call on the Store Manager’s scheduled day off.
The Assistant Manager may be required to maintain managerial paperwork on scheduled shifts.
TRAINING OF EMPLOYEES:
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for pre-screening all applications and may share the responsibility of training new employees with the Manager.
DEI Open Positions
We are constantly growing and always looking for great new people to join our Subway team.